May 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Malcolm X

May 19, 1925 – February 21, 1965
Warrior. He left a legacy that few will match. His piercing intellect, revolutionary thought and fearless approach set a high standard that evoked action and passion from a countless number of people. No holiday or ceremony can really repay our debt to you-but I am forever grateful.

"We declare our right on this earth...to be a human being, to be respected as a human being, to be given the rights of a human being in this society, on this earth, in this day, which we intend to bring into existence by any means necessary."

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against. I'm a human being, first and foremost, and as such I'm for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole."


"Without education, you're not going anywhere in this world."

"Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today."


"Power in defense of freedom is greater than power in behalf of tyranny and oppression."
"Truth is on the side of the oppressed."  
"You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom."
"You don't have to be a man to fight for freedom. All you have to do is to be an intelligent human being."



"The price of freedom is death."
"Respect me, or put me to death."



"I don't mean go out and get violent; but at the same time you should never be nonviolent unless you run into some nonviolence. I'm nonviolent with those who are nonviolent with me. But when you drop that violence on me, then you've made me go insane, and I'm not responsible for what I do."


"It doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence."  

"I don't favor violence. If we could bring about recognition and respect of our people by peaceful means, well and good. Everybody would like to reach his objectives peacefully. But I'm also a realist. The only people in this country who are asked to be nonviolent are black people."

Peace &  Ble$$ing$ (Ng)








No comments:

Post a Comment