May 3, 2010

Obama in the stilll

Anyone that knows me, knows how I feel about our President. I wanna be his Monica Lewinsky-I see his sexy ass in my dreams fairly often- LMAO let me stop (no disrespect First Lady! I luh you too). Seriously though, I admire his ambition, I agree with his vision, and I believe (maybe naively) that he is doing what is best for the greater good with all my heart.  I worked with the Young Democrats of America doing some ridiculous shit just to ensure VA gave their vote to him-and it was worth it, considering we finally went blue for him. But here are some images from his 1st year that I found on NBC's site. All Pictures courtesy of the Official White House photographer Pete Souza! Awesome job-i'm sure!

Enjoy!!

Peace & Ble$$ing$ (Ng)

Jan. 20, 2009: Right before President-Elect Barack Obama walked out to take the oath of office, he took one last glance in a mirror at the U.S. Capitol.

Jan. 20, 2009: The photo says: "We were on a freight elevator headed to one of the inaugural balls. It was quite chilly, so the president removed his tuxedo jacket and put it over the shoulders of his wife. Then they had a semi-private moment as staff member and Secret Service agents tried not to look."
Oct. 8, 2009: Obama jockeyed for a rebound with congressmen during a basketball game at the White House. Says the photog: "I think opponents are always surprised at how tough and competitive he can be."
Dec. 9, 2009: Says the photog: "The day we were leaving for Oslo, the president's first meeting of the morning was with his speechwriting team. He said he had stayed up most of the night writing. I was surprised to see that he had handwritten the entire speech so I made a few close-up pictures as he went over the speech with his aides in the Oval Office."
Feb. 17, 2009: The president had just signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in Denver, before boarding Air Force One.

Nov. 14, 2009 “We were on Air Force One heading to the Summit of the Americas in Singapore. Since the 1990’s, the host country for this Summit chooses a shirt that all heads of state wear to the formal ceremony. White House press secretary Robert Gibbs was showing the President pictures of past leaders wearing—shall we say—not the most dignified of shirts. At the Summit, the President joked that he looked forward to hosting the 2011 Summit in Hawaii, where everyone would have to wear Hawaii shirts and grass skirts.” (GEEKING lmao)
Dec. 1, 2009 “He and the Vice President were headed for the short walk from the White House to the Eisenhower Executive Office building to brief Congressional leaders on his new Afghanistan strategy that he would publicly unveil at West Point that night. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton had just pulled up in her motorcade and the Vice President congratulated her that her daughter, Chelsea, had just gotten engaged.”  (Our Dream Team!)

Cool, Calm, Composed! "Know how to move in a room full of vultures" Yeah-He's the man! (and they're not vultures-they're on his team or at least claim to be)

No comments:

Post a Comment