May 10, 2010

Rest In Paradise Lena Horne



Lena Horne was born on June 30, 1917 and was considered one of the most beautiful women in the world. In 1942 she was the first black woman to sign a meaningful long-term contract with a major studio. The contract stated that she would NEVER have to play a maid. She's assisted greatly in breaking down barriers for woman of color in Hollywood. An extraordinary actress, musician, and activist- Horne died at the age of 92 on May 9 at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital in New York City as an icon.

Rest In Paradise Miss Horne.

Peace & Blessings (Ng)
(Check out this classic below...)
Prisoner of Love 

Alone from night to night you'll find me
Too weak to break the chains that bind me
I need no shackles to remind me
I'm just a prisoner of love

For one command I stand and wait now
From one who's master of my fate now
I can't escape it's much too late now
I'm just a prisoner of love

What's the good of my caring if someone is sharing those arms with me
Although he has another, I can't have another for I'm not free

He's in my dreams awake or sleeping
Upon my knees to him I'm creeping
My very soul is in his keeping
I'm just a prisoner of love

No comments:

Post a Comment